This role will provide operational support to the company including, recruitment, job design, performance management, training & development, employment cycle changes, talent management and reporting of People management information.
You will work with the Head of People to ensure that HR policies are regularly reviewed to support HR Strategy and changes in the Law.
The People manager will ensuring that the business has systems and processes in place to achieve a smooth and effective service to both employees and management.This includes taking management responsibility for the following;
Role & Responsibilities
- Support Line managers with employee relations, employee health and wellbeing.
- Support the Head of people in the delivery of the OD strategy
- Ensuring compliance with employment law, Providing employment law support and advice.
- Review and implement HR systems to monitor key metrics e.g. sickness / absence, staff retention, recruitment etc
- Review and update people policies and procedures.
- Supervise and support all performance appraisals.
- Conduct all first stage interviews with Line Managers up to Director level. Track progress of all live recruitment processes and report on progress monthly to the Head of People
- Support Line managers with the recruitment process in order to maintain consistency and professionalism.
- Work with the Marketing and communications executive to design social media campaigns for recruitment.
- Help the Head of people design a graduate recruitment programme, manage and oversee the programme.
- Work with Head of People to design an apprentice programme and manage and oversee the programme.
- Develop an online training platform, manage the content and ensure it is adopted by the business.
- Seek, identify and develop solutions to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of HR support to the business
- Take ownership for delivery of assigned work within HR programmes/initiatives
- Conduct employee engagement surveys.
- Conduct occupational health referrals and provide support and advice to management and employees.
- Monitor training needs of all staff and liaise with HR administrator in the identification and booking of training and career development courses.
- Coach and support the senior management team to enable them to manage their people.
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic organisation. Proficiency with Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience dealing with end to end HR processes.Knowledge of latest HR legislation. Understanding of HR related documents.
- Experience of change management / implementation methods and techniques across departments.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong recruitment experience
- Ability to translate the law into user friendly advice and practice.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Demonstrable HR generalist experience.
- Pro-active approach and solutions orientated
- Calm nature with the ability to positively influence others
- Professional and respects confidentiality
- Full UK driving Licence
- Flexibility to travel to other offices and sites on occasion.