Senior HR Business Partner
Senior HR Business Partner
You will be a strategic HR Business Partner providing advice, oversight, and challenge on long term business needs ensuring both leaders and employees (what they say and do) will sustainably deliver the shared purpose – to secure the members’ future. Play an active leadership role as part of aligned business leadership teams and within the HR team.
- Provide HR Leadership, experience and expertise to the Leaders and employees of agreed business units/functions.
- Communicate and execute the HR strategy to secure the members’ future; build strong sustainable relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Lead the London HR BP team, ensuring that the team are able, willing and focused to deliver the HR accountabilities.
- Share insight and agreed interventions to aligned Leadership teams to ensure understanding and accountability is understood.
- Ensure Leaders, managers and employees in agreed areas know and understand, and align behind, the intent and context of the culture of ‘doing a good job’ clarity, accountability, prioritisation and effective performance management.
- Ensure Leaders, managers and employees in agreed areas know and understand the culture of working flexibly based on trust, rather than rules. Provide guidance, be a sounding board to help people navigate through the uncertainty of changing the way they work.
- Be a role model of for the type of behaviour they should expect (in the absence of values) of leaders in line with the CEO’s intent and context.
- Ensure that reward decisions made by line managers enable them to attract, retain and motivate the talent needed to deliver the business plans and strategy. Ensure that the Reward framework is owned by line managers for their areas – lead on job evaluations and ensure leaders own those evaluations.
- Ensure aligned business areas can sustainably attract, on-board, develop and retain the talent demanded by the strategy. Oversee end to end recruitment for aligned business areas. Ensure there are no ‘unnecessary differences’ from the business approach, ensuring protection of brand, culture and the employee value proposition.
- Support, including challenge, senior leaders to ensure that aligned business areas have an operating model which is fit for purpose. Ensure there are no ‘unnecessary differences’ from the business approach.
- Lead Employee Connection and support the agreed Leadership teams in ensuring good conversations continue and are fed back to relevant areas to drive improvement.
- Ensure the business focuses on the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of its employees. Coach and encourage managers to take accountability for this. Provide the support mechanisms needed for employees. Lead the wider Well Being strategy, engaging with the mental health champions.
- (SMCR) experience desirable.